In honor of Mother’s Day-have a nap! We know you’re tired! These could be reasons why:
- The neighbor’s dog is barking.
- Firecrackers. Somewhere.
- It was daylight savings time last month and you still haven’t recovered.
- You’re hungry and you can’t sleep but you are too tired to get up and make a snack.
- Your kid peed the bed.
- Your kid threw up in your bed.
- Your kid threw up in her bed.
- You threw up.
- You got your kid’s throw up in your hands.
- Your kid stepped on a cactus in the middle of the night.
- Your child can’t find his blanket.
- Your child’s pillow is too lumpy.
- Your teenager is out with friends.
- Your teen came home drunk.
- Your husband sleeps like a polecat on a leash.
- The dog needs to go out.
- You buckled and unbuckled baby dolls in the van 57 times.
- Musical beds. The adults never win.
- 4 shots of espresso doesn’t last long.
- You drank 4 shots of espresso and now you can’t sleep.
- Carrying laundry up and down stairs a bajillion times takes all your energy.
- The people who sleep in your bed talk in their sleep.
- People snore.
- You’re close to menopause and get night sweats.
- You got a muscle cramp and have been awake since 4:22 a.m.
Thank you to the amazing community of the Quad City Crunchy Mamas for their contributions and ideas to this list! ❤️
For more reasons you are tired, check out the post I wrote for the Quad City Moms Blog.